White Star Line RMS Gaelic
White Star Line Gaelic 1875-1896
Gaelic was built in 1875 in Belfast by Harland and Wolff Shipbuilders plc as a cargo/passenger liner. (similar to Naronic and Bovic) She later became partially refrigerated to carry meat as well. From 1875 to 1880 she was chartered to the Occidental and Oriental Line and made regular runs to China and from Korea to Hawaii. Gaelic was refitted by Harland & Wolff in 1905 and sold to the Pacific Steam Navigation Company in the same year and renamed Callao, but was retired and broken up at Briton Ferry in 1907.
Return to Fleet List Return to Home