White Star Line Broughton
The White Star line Barque, Broughton. 1868 - 1905
The Broughton was an iron hull barque rigged sailing vessel and the first ship built by Harland and Wolff Shipbuilders in Belfast exclusively for Thomas Henry Ismay and the White Star Line. Ismay paid for the ship in WSL shares. Launched January 25, 1868, she was 172 feet in length, had a 28 foot beam, and her gross tonnage was 580. She was sold by the White Star Line in 1876 and wrecked in 1905.
Return to Fleet List Return to Home