SS Gallic (2nd)
WSL Gallic (2nd) 1918-1956
Gallic was originally built as the War Argus in 1918 (at the end of WWI) by Harland and Wolff in Belfast and managed by White Star. She was purchased in 1919 by White Star Line, renamed Gallic and used as a cargo vessel for the next fourteen years. She was then bought and sold to about four other companies over the years and eventually scrapped in 1956. Gallic led an uneventful life.
Return to Fleet List Return to Home