Titanic and Other White Star Ships ®
Posted on the Internet
Consulted text and other sources:
A Night to Remember, Walter Lord, Henry Holt and Company, New York 1955.
The Night Lives On, Walter Lord, William Morrow and Company Inc., New York 1986.
The Titanic: End of a Dream, Wyn Craig Wade, Penguin, New York, 1979 & 1986.
The History of the White Star Line Robin Gardiner, Ian Allen Publishing, 2001
The Discovery of the Titanic, Dr. Robert Ballard
U.S. Senate Documents Vol. 28 2nd Session 62nd Congress Investigating the Wreck of the Steamship Titanic.
Report of the British Commission of Inquiry Into the Loss of the Titanic, 1912.
The Titanic and the Californian, Peter Padfield
The Sinking of the S.S. Titanic: April 14-15, 1912, John B. Thayer, Philadelphia 1940.
The Sinking of the Titanic, L. Marshall, John C. Winston Co., Philadelphia 1912.
Titanic, Commander Charles Lightoller
Home From Sea, Captain Arthur Rostron, MacMillan, New York 1931.
The Wreck and Sinking of the Titanic: The Ocean’s Greatest Disaster, M. Everett, L.H. Walter, Chicago 1912
The Loss of the S.S. Titanic, Lawrence Beesley
The Truth About the Titanic, Mitchell Kennerly, Colonel Archibald Gracie, New York 1913.
Titanic Voices: Memories From the Maiden Voyage, Hyslop, Forsyth, and Jemina, St. Martin, New York 1997.
Titanic Survivor: The Memoirs of Violet Jessop-Stewardess, Violet Jessop, V.Boronia Press, ACT, 1997.
Titanic and Other Ships, Commander Charles H. Lightoller, C.H.Nicholson and Watson, London 1935.
Titanic: An Illustrated History, Ken Marschall and D. Lynch, Madison Press Books, Toronto 1992.
The Maiden Voyage, Marcus, G Viking, New York 1969.
"Lights": The Odyssey of C.H. Lightoller, P. Stenson., Norton, New York 1984.
U-boats: The Illustrated History of the Raiders of the Deep. D. Miller, Pegasus Publishing 2001
The Shipbuilder, May, 1911
Jane's Fighting Ships, 1914-1950 Vol.'s 12,13, 27, 41,42,43
Merchant Fleets - White Star Line by Duncan Haws, Starling Press Ltd, 1990.
North Atlantic Passenger Liners Since 1900, Allan, 1972.
Famous Liners of the Past, Belfast Built, Adlard Coles, 1964.
Ships of the Twentieth Century, Pat Hornsey, 1977
The Mild Murderer; The True Story of the Dr. Crippen Case. Tom Cullen. Houghton Mifflin Co. Boston. 1977
The Detectives Frank Smith and Myles Ludwig. J. B. Lippincott Company. 1978.
Return to Titanic Robert Ballard - National Geographic 2005
Cunard Archives - Department of Special Collections & Archives University Library University of Liverpool
Harland & Wolff LTD
The Cunard Archives
The New York Times, April 1912
The Winston-Salem Journal, April 1912
The Chicago Tribune, April 1912
Maryland Newspapers, 1912
Virginia Newspapers, 1912
RMS Titanic Inc.
The Jason Project - Dr. Robert Ballard, Discovery.com
Woods Hole Oceanographic Institute
Woman Magazine, July 19, 1958
Recognition and Acknowledgements
Many thanks to the following persons/organizations:
* Mr. Cliff Ismay ("Great grand" nephew of J.
Bruce Ismay,) for information contributions.
* Ms. Anne Lauren Lightoller, Great grand-daughter of Titanic's Second Officer, Charles Lightoller, for her support and correspondence
* Mr. John Rudolph for providing photos and information about his Grandmother, Mrs. Anna (Turja) Lundi, Titanic passenger.
* Mr. Dick von Briesen, who's wife is the Great grand-daughter of Ms. Emily Ryerson, Titanic passenger, for his correspondence.
* Dr. Robert Ballard, Titanic Discoverer, for taking time from his busy schedule for correspondence.
* The late Mr. Walter Lord, Titanic historian and author, for taking time to correspond with me and answer my many questions.
* Mr. Mel Fisher, Discoverer of the Nuestra Senora de Atocha shipwreck (1622) for taking time for correspondence.
* Captain Richard Bowen, skipper of the
Woods Hole Oceanographic Institute's research vessel, Knorr.
for taking time for correspondence.
* Mr. Johan Totterstrom for his contribution of the Halifax story and its photo's.
* Mr. Greg Griffin for his photo contributions of recovered artifacts and information.
* Mr. Julian Hill for his photo contribution of the White Star passenger tender, Nomadic.
* Mr. George Behe, Titanic author and historian for his correspondence and answers to questions
* RMS Titanic Inc. for permission to display their artifact images.
* Electricite de France for permission to display their artifact images
* Mr. Greg Cochkoff for his photo contributions and information on the wreck of the SS Atlantic.
* Ms. Ann Haney for her photo contributions, and constant support.
* The Chicago Museum of Science and Industry for a "private tour" of the captured German submarine U-505.
TITANIC and White Star Line Related Site Links
Return to Home